The OF Blog: Bits and Pieces

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bits and Pieces

A lot is going on, both with my personal life (job hunting, nothing too serious) and with reading/reviewing/commentary. So this shall be a catch people up sort of deal more than anything really substantive.

First off, David Anthony Durham makes an outstanding post in response to an observation of mine in a comment to an earlier post of his regarding "color blindness." Click on the link above and see discussions here, here, and here. Oh, and here and here as well. Lots of heres, but before you go there to make it "here," more below. Needless to say, you can read my opinion all over the place inside Durham's blog entry and in the first two links after that.

Shortly (as within the next hour or the next 48 hours) I'll be posting an interview at OF that Rohini of The Pearls Are Cooling has been conducting via email with Karin Lowachee (Warchild, Burndive, Cagebird). I'll post a link to it here before the weekend begins, I hope.

Also, I've either bought or received ARCs for some interesting books. I hope to have reviews up in the next few weeks/month for the following:

Tim Pratt, Hart & Boot & Other Stories (Night Shade)

Margo Lanagan, Red Spikes (ARC I received today)

Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn: The Well of Ascension (ARC I received last month)

Jay Lake, Trial of Flowers

Nathalie Mallet, Princes of the Golden Cage (ARC being sent by Night Shade)

Greg Rucka, Patriot Acts (Review Copy I received from Bantam this week)


Furthermore, I plan on posting una revista en español sobre Trescientos millones, por Roberto Arlt en mi otro blog, Vaguely Borgesian.

Doubtless there'll be more in the coming weeks, but this is what I have on tap through the end of this week and perhaps into next week, where I hope to get a co-written review of Brian Ruckley's Winterbirth up and perhaps start reading Karen Miller's Innocent Mage. Until next time, keep it...err, no....word to your mo...no, that's not it. Peace and bacon grease? Still cheesy.

Bye?

Yes. Bye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to what you think about Princes of the Golden Cage. I just received an review copy of it the other day but I still have a few books to read before I get to it. It is only 300 pages long so it is a quick weekend read.

Larry Nolen said...

Considering the release date, I'll try to have it read within the week or receipt. Only once have I failed to review an ARC before its release date and I hope to rectify that with a review within the month. It sounds like it'll be an intriguing tale, to say the least.

Anonymous said...

I want to hear about the Tim Pratt collection.

Larry Nolen said...

I'll try to write a review of the Pratt either Friday afternoon or sometime Saturday. Suffice to say I was very impressed with his voice in virtually all of these stories. Stronger collection than Small Gods and I enjoyed that one, as you know.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites