The OF Blog: Bookshelf battle!

Friday, October 08, 2010

Bookshelf battle!




Since I bought a new digital 12 MP camera to take pictures instead of my 3.1 MP camera phone, I thought I'd test it out by taking pictures of three bookshelves and posting them here.  Based on the books pictured in these three images, which one of the three contains a higher number of books you want to read/own and/or editions that you wish to own?

Just a silly way to begin the weekend, but hey, might as well post something silly before I sit down and write a few reviews, right?  I do have a Brazilian novel by Max Mallmann to review in the very near future, one that I think several readers might enjoy...provided, of course, that they could read Portuguese.

7 comments:

Nathaniel Katz said...

It's a tossup between the first and the second. The first has more books that I recognize, but the second has some authors I've been interested in for quite some time (Nabakov) without actually reading, and it seems silly to be conservative when being delivered a free bookshelf.

Hélène said...

These photos make me wonder at the way you stow your books - and find them...
I'll choose the first one, for books I haven't read.

Larry Nolen said...

Well, I don't store strictly by author, genre, or book format, but rather by a combination of colors and "waves" for most shelves that make it easier for me to look at the shelves. Unusual, I know, but it works for me.

quinden said...

The top one contains the most books I've read; it also includes several books that I would love to read as well. The second contains a mix of authors I'm familiar with and intriguing books that I have not heard of. The third shelf has a lot of authors I have heard of but never read.

I'm envious!

Unknown said...

Shelf #1 for sure. Lots of weird stuff on that shelf that I want to read.

redhead said...

first and second shelves for me. you've got Vandermeer in both, that's cheating! ;)

I've got the same cheapy bookshelves you do - glorified paper backing and bowing shelves.

Larry Nolen said...

On the majority of my shelves, yes, that's true. But I also have two metal bookcases (3 shelves each) and a solid maple one, but considering that I store most of my Spanish-language books on two of those three bookcases, I thought it might not be the best of ideas to take pictures of those for comparison battles :P

Almost posted pics of a shelf of Oxford World's Classics and another of my French-language paperbacks.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites