The OF Blog: Why I'm a much better critic than a dog groomist

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Why I'm a much better critic than a dog groomist


Remember when I posted this picture back in December 2010 of the family's long-suffering dog, Ally?  Well, it's beginning to be warm around here (already had a temp above 90 earlier this month) and this dog's coat is extremely thick.  Since she's so skittish around vets, I thought it might be a good idea to buy some electric clippers and shear her myself.

Well...

There's a fine art of running such through such a thick coat, as I learned to my chagrin...

The blade got caught when I was cutting her neck fur and it jumped and got stuck and...

You can see the results for yourself:



Yes, I'm SO good that I gave my nearly 14-year old mix a bald spot.  Well, she's nearly 100 in dog years, so maybe she won't mind it so much.  She didn't even blink when it happened, oddly enough.  Well, I guess this is better than taping bacon to a cat, I suppose...

3 comments:

James said...

Taping bacon to a cat creates something cute and delicious... or hilarious if you have a wicked mind, a dog, and a lot of free time.

Perhaps she didn't blink because she is used to this sort of thing?

Aishwarya said...

Evfen with the bald spot she's a very pretty girl.

Larry Nolen said...

Yes, and for most of her life, a very temperamental one. I think it's just senility that's mellowed her personality and enables her to deal with humans better ;)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites